SJT provides a ‘Filtered’ Internet Access system which gives students access to the World Wide Web through the Lancashire County Council filtering system.
We also have additional filtering and classroom ICT management tools which enable us to track students’ internet and computer activity.
Despite these systems we endeavour to ensure that all students are made aware that there is material on the Internet which is unsuitable for viewing by children.
The following are not permitted:
- sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures,
- accessing undesirable material,
- violating copyright laws,
- using another student’s password,
- trespassing in another student’s folder, work or files,
- intentionally wasting limited resources.
Violations may result in a loss of access as well as other disciplinary action.
Students and parents sign an agreement at the beginning of the academic year regarding ICT good practice and acceptable use.
In addition, Year 7 and Year 9 students undertake lessons in eSafety as part of their ICT lessons and all students are regularly reminded of the eSafety rules throughout the year during ICT.